| Everyone that was at my last meeting in April. |
For the past year I have had the opportunity to serve as the president of a local chapter of a women's service organization for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has been one of the most cherished experiences of my life. When I left to travel in April, my service as president ended. It was a very bitter-sweet time. I was very excited to be moving on to new experiences. However, I was also very sad that I would not be as involved in the lives of those wonderful women.
The main purposes of the organization are to strengthen home & families, increase personal faith & righteousness, and help those in need. In addition we as a unit decided to focus on helping each other to watch over, care for, and strengthen other members of the organization. It was humbling to see many women take time to search for those in need, recognize what they could do to help, and do it! It was empowering. Especially when I think about how each person was juggling a busy life as a college student, employee, family member, and courtier.
I love them all so much! I am grateful for the chance I had to be in their lives for a short time and learn how I can be a better friend, sister, and neighbor to those I meet.
If you would like to learn more about the Relief Society organization follow this link:
General Relief Society website

No comments:
Post a Comment