Friday, June 8, 2012
Dough boys
One of my favorite family traditions is making dough boys. Dough boys are my preferred alternative to s'mores. To make a dough boy you take a biscuit's worth of dough and stretch it over an inch wide wooden stick end (we often used large dowel rods). Then you cook the dough over an open fire until it comes to a delicious golden color. After removing the cooked dough from the stick you fill it with toppings including but not limited to:
pudding,
fruit pie filling,
& whipped cream.
They are delectable! I prefer to eat them immediately after cooking. When warm they provide a satisfactory melt in your mouth experience. Can you tell I love them? ;)
As a child, my family camped at the beach. We would cook most of our dinners over a campfire. Dough boys were my favorite desert. Now that I am older, beach camping trips aren't always available so we use fire pits in backyards, etc.
This is kind of a random topic to blog about. I felt inspired to blog about one of my favorite childhood memories because my cousin just found a website that sells official dough boys sticks.
Here's the website:
doughboysticks.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment