Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lemonade~ a portal for discovery (and the juice I'll make my entire life)


"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"
Lemons . . . sometimes they hail from the sky. They are sour, juicy, and bright yellow. Even when your hand starts cramping and exhaustion is overcoming you, you keep squeezing. Even if the lemonade isn't very good you keep working because you know you must. Eventually there is some sugar added and then a little more, until the trial is bearable- until a lesson is learned. That's the thing about trials, they continue in the Lord's timing, not ours. They are not over until the Lord says they are over . . . and then it starts raining lemon drops! :) There is always something else to learn. Another way to continue to progress. We should not let the surprises Heavenly Father throws at us disable us. We must let our determination and will to follow Him increase. Allow these trials to make us stronger. Often there is the temptation to wonder why things didn't work out the way we had anticipated. This is occasionally accompanied by a feeling that we are giving up hope in something. When really...its just not meant to be. How do we overcome this inner battle? How do we learn to trust that the Lord has something better in store?
I have NO idea! I once heard the following phrase, " The greatest battles we will face in this life will be with ourselves." I believe that is true. I also believe that we can turn to the one in charge, God, our Heavenly Father for guidance, clarification, and peace.
Doctrine and Covenants 84:88
88 And whoso areceiveth you, there I will be also, for I will gobbefore your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my cSpirit shall be in your hearts, and mine dangels round about you, to bear you up.
I know that Jesus Christ came before us. He walked the road we are walking. During his suffering in the garden of Gethsemane He learned the emotions that accompany our trials, He felt our pain, and carried our burdens. I also know that because of His resurrection, His triumph over death, that He triumphed over our trials. He is the only person who knows exactly what we are experiencing and how to overcome each individual trial we face. We have the distinct opportunity to pray, to seek Him, and learn how we too may triumph over the obstacles in our own lives. I would encourage each of us to take a moment and not only thank God for the blessings He has given us, but seek His guidance. His arm of mercy is outstretched toward us. Please let Him take you in.
Making lemonade appears to be a tradition that I will continue my entire life.
Trials~ are a portal for discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment