Second of all, I received a call to serve in the Washington D.C. south mission! Hurrah!
I am very excited about this call! I've been to D.C. a couple times with my family. I remember really enjoying the Space and air Smithsonian Museum, but other than that I thought the Mall was boring. I also remember a homeless man yelling really mean things at our family as we got on the subway once. That was scary.
Fortunately, i guess, my mission does not cover the District of Columbia. It includes the Virginian suburbs of D.C. Here's a map. The shaded area covers my mission field.
If you compare it to a map of the state of Virginia, you will see that it encompasses only a small portion of the actual state.My sister and a few friends were able to come over for the great unveiling of the mission call. We had my parents on speaker phone since they were across the country. It was really fun. I'm sure I'll post more pictures later, my sister has some good group shots on her camera. I just have a few hodgepodge photos.
Here we are trying to set up Skype with my parents. As you know that didn't work and we simply used speaker phone.
Some of the supportive guests. 
Reading my assignment aloud. Yay! Washington D.C.! 

The fantastic applauding crowd! hehe, that was fun.

Talking to my parents afterward and giving the cheesiest smile I could muster for the camera.

My sister and I chatting with my parents some more in the back once the crowd had left.
Exciting!! Such great pics of you and Andrea!
ReplyDelete